Transforming the Transformers, Transforming Ourselves
We at Action Inquiry Associates cordially invite you to one of our four forthcoming Action Inquiry & the Global Leadership Profile Workshops –
- near London, January 14-16, 2014 (Ian Byrne, Elaine Herdman-Barker, Sophie Sabbage, and Bill Torbert facilitating
- in Melbourne, February 19-21, 2014 (Dana Carman, Danielle Conroy, and Bill Torbert facilitating)
- in Sydney, February 25-27, 2014 (Dana Carman, Danielle Conroy, and Bill Torbert facilitating)
- in San Diego, March 7-9, 2014 (Elaine Herdman-Barker & Bill Torbert facilitating)
These workshops invite you into a gentle yet demanding environment that fosters self-transformation, that demonstrates and evokes from you the skills of mutually-transforming coaching, consulting, leading, and researching, and that can authorize you to debrief the Global Leadership Profile for your clients, co-workers, or co-research-participants.
We note that the wider world is yearning for alternatives to unilateral power
- in the efforts at collaborative action at this point in the Syrian war;
- in the anguish among Americans that our political parties are losing all capacity for productive dialogue, not only between Republicans and Democrats, but within each party as well.
Moreover, from the participation of different ones of us Action Inquiry Fellows in each of the following activities within the leadership development world, we hear this world too calling more insistently for mutually-transforming educational processes that “transform the transformers.” Witness the major and continuing self-transformation process undertaken at the Harvard Business School to enact gender equity in its MBA program and its faculty. Witness also, the current self-transformation process undertaken at the Center for Creative Leadership to rebrand itself as a leader in transforming organizational leadership cultures as well as a top-ranked purveyor of individual leadership development.
Indeed, the same “transform the transformers” process is happening at the leading edges of the adult development theory and practice world…
where, led by the MetaIntegral Foundation, ‘integral theory’ enthusiasts are focusing more on practice and on alternative’s to Ken Wilber’s theory,
where the Buddhist-based Authentic Leadership in Action Institute is re- inventing itself from the top down, and
where the constructive-developmental-based Growth Edge Network is generating an ongoing conversation with mutually-transforming power among its members.
Over the past six months, not only have I, Bill Torbert, been able to participate in a small way in all of the foregoing initiatives, but I have been joined in one or more of them by Action Inquiry Fellows Hilary Bradbury-Huang, Dana Carman, Danielle Conroy, Ed Kelly, David McCallum, Jesse McKay, Aliki Nicolaides, Mary Stacey, Gayle Young, Nancy Wallis, and Karen Yeyinmen. In addition, many of us were present for the uniquely inquiring wedding weekend of Fellows Michael Krot Quoia and Lisa Stefanac Quoia. In the midst of all these activities, nine of the Fellows just mentioned joined for a three-day retreat during which we all tasted new flavors of mutually-transforming power, love, and inquiry.
In short, the Action Inquiry Associates and Fellows are all about flexing our vision and deepening our practice of timely action into more and more moments and strategic decisions of our own and our clients’ and workshop participants’ lives. Please consider joining us for one of the forthcoming workshops if this kind of call is meaningful to you.
See Bill give a brief description of
1) the Action Inquiry & Global Leadership Profile Workshop
2) how the GLP can support your work
3) what Action Inquiry means
4) why action-logics matter in the work world
5) why timing is key to leadership efficacy